Crownview Medical Group is Here to Help
Children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder often experience significant anxiety, mood difficulties, and behaviour problems. Our clinical team works closely with children and adolescents, parents, schools, and other providers to address these types of co-occurring issues.
Research has shown that early evaluation is crucial toward getting early intervention, which can greatly improve long-term outcomes for individuals across the spectrum.
Autism Spectrum Disorder Early Diagnosis
Children with ADHD often also have learning disorders and behavioural problems, which makes the diagnostic process very important. There are many disorders that may be confused with autism, and it is important to rule these out or to address them if they co-exist with autism. Early intervention holds the key to positive outcomes for your child.
The earlier you address your child’s problems, the more likely you will be able to prevent school and social failure and associated problems such as underachievement and poor self-esteem that may lead to delinquency or drug and alcohol abuse.
Our ADHD treatment plan helps reduce negative behaviours and increasing skills so the child can feel competent and successful with peers, in the classroom, at home, and on the sports playing field.
Autism Spectrum Disorder Signs and Symptoms
Autism Spectrum Disorder often include signs such as the following:
- not responding to his or her name by age 1
- uninterested in playing or talking with others
- avoiding affectionate or physical contact
- rejecting comforting when upset
- struggling to understand feelings and emotions
- lacking of or delayed speech
- monotone voice
- use of repetitive phrases
- not using or responding to hand gestures (waving, for example)
- aversion to foods; picky eater
- repetitive behaviours
- constant movement
- very particular and predictable routines
- sensitivity to light, sound, or touch