What We Treat > Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
You can find a balance again.
Crownview Medical Group is Here to Help
Are repetitive thoughts and compulsive behaviors interfering with your everyday life? Do you find yourself so obsessed with cleanliness, order or repetition that it’s stealing time and energy from other things that you would rather be doing?
If so, it may be time to consider OCD treatments for the issues you are experiencing.
Left untreated, OCD can cause serious problems with relationships, work, social engagements, and even your health. Unfortunately, OCD does not just “go away” over time. If you or a loved one struggle with OCD, compassionate and proven care may be the right solution for you.
We help you minimize obsessions and compulsions.
At CrownView Medical Group, we have the specialized training and experience to help you or your child manage Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Using the latest evidence-based treatment, we help you minimize your obsessive thoughts and reduce compulsive behaviour.
Though your compulsive feelings and activities may seem overwhelming and impossible to stop at this moment, you can restore balance to your life through our proven OCD treatment program. OCD will not just “fade away.” But with quality treatment, you can regain your life.
OCD Signs and Symptoms
OCD often include symptoms such as the following:
- intense fear of germs
- strong fear of hurting someone or his or herself
- incessant repetition ( certain words, phrases, rituals)
- obsessing on fear of loss (family member, friend, etc.)
- a sense of hopelessness
- intense feeling of embarrassment
- low self-confidence
- low self-esteem
- feeling of loss of control
- feeling of dread
- sore and raw hands due to constant washing
- double checking items (locks locked, lights off, toaster unplugged, etc)
- continual counting of items or actions
- performing rituals over and over until completed correctly
- being hyper-vigilant about arranging items in a particular manner