Crownview Medical Group is Here to Help
Schizophrenia causes severe symptoms that make you lose touch with reality. Whether you have hallucinations, delusions, or disorganized speech, your symptoms can be controlled with ongoing treatment.
Our unique therapeutic approach and expert staff ensure your loved one receives treatment and support they need for lasting change. Our evidence-based Schizophrenia treatments, offer the intensity and duration necessary to go beyond immediate stabilization to help our clients attain greater independence.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment for Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia and addiction, or substance use disorder, often co-occur. In fact, an estimated 50 percent of individuals suffering from schizophrenia have a history of substance abuse.
Schizophrenia is often mistaken for substance abuse because the disorders have similar symptoms. This can sometimes make it difficult to diagnose schizophrenia or co-occurring disorders.
This makes dual diagnosis care imperative for anyone seeking to live a life free from schizophrenia and its symptoms. Our dual diagnosis programs work by treating both schizophrenia and addiction simultaneously, instead of as two separate conditions.
Schizophrenia Signs and Symptoms
Schizophrenia often include symptoms such as the following:
- hallucinations, such as hearing imaginary voices or seeing people in the room who are not present
- delusions of conspiracy or grandeur
- blunted affect
- difficulty taking care of one’s self
- social withdrawal
- difficulty remembering directions or discussions
- difficulty paying attention
- disorganized thinking, thoughts, and speech
- difficulty remembering things; problems with working memory