Crownview Medical Group is Here to Help
Depression is more than just feeling sad. We all feel low from time to time when life presents unexpected challenges. However, in time, the worries subside and life returns to normal.
Clinical or ‘major’ depression symptoms are quite different to simply ‘feeling down’. Not only does the low feeling not fade, but also it can intensify to a feeling of extreme hopelessness.
Depression is highly responsive to treatment.
Depression is one of several mood disorders, all of which have a unique set of characteristics and must be accurately diagnosed in order for treatment to be effective. Our multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, therapists and clinicians work together to thoroughly assess each patient and ensure they receive a customized plan of care.
All of our clinicians incorporate the latest scientific techniques into our treatment plans for maximum impact. We’ll choose the right mix of treatment to get you feeling better as quickly as possible.
Depression Signs and Symptoms
Not everyone with depression will have all of these symptoms. The symptoms may vary, such as the following:
- chronic aches and pains, headaches, cramps or digestive problems
- chronic sad, anxious or empty feelings
- difficulty concentrating, remembering details or making decisions
- feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness or hopelessness
- irritability or restlessness
- loss of interest in activities or hobbies that were once enjoyable
- overeating or loss of appetite
- problems with sleep
- thoughts of suicide or making suicide attempts